Friday, April 24, 2009

CONSULTATION
Talked to Alan about my story. He made a few points I never really thought about so I kind of have to drop my current storyline because it suddenly sounded so bland and disgustingly boring.

-Set questions
-Don't put questions that aren't going to be resolved
-Dramatise
-Thinking from audience's point of view
-Who the audiences are
-From who's point of view is the story being told

I SAY
He mentioned something about putting questions into the audience's thoughts, questions like what's going to happen next. Also, he said that we shouldn't put questions that are not going to be resolved and it will leave the audience really unsatisfied. As for my story, questions like what will happen when the neighbours snaps, and why the guy keeps whistling to the theme of Addams Family.

So when we were talking about the storyline, we were thinking what point of view will be more interesting and I agreed with him when he said that we should view the story from the neighbour's point of view. Like how they react to the harressment and the anticipation of the next time the guy whistles again before he finally snaps and develops a growing case of paranoia.
During the discussion, I mentioned maybe the characters in this story should be a little younger, different from the original article. Besides the fact that I am definitely more comfortable drawing younger people, I would think that younger people tend to be more hot blooded and will have more interesting reactions.

As for why the guy keeps whistling the Addams Family, Alan spoke my thoughts when he said maybe the neighbours had resemblance to the Addams Family. I was actually exploring the different reasons as to why he does something so silly, but it could also be that that guy just has mental problems and he has a thing for Addams Family but I'm afraid it might not be very obvious.

With this, I have to sit down some more and think some more and heave a sigh.
I hope I didn't miss out anything.
Right.
Now I have to think.

No comments:

Post a Comment